Monday, August 14, 2017

DIY: No Sew Bows!

This is my very first DIY and I thought, why not do it about something I love to do? CRAFT! I have loved crafting for a large portion of my life and the glue gun has become my new best friend since my sewing machine has decided to move on from this life. Yes. My sewing machine just might be dead! *insert crying emoji*

BUT I really hope some of you can learn from this DIY and have some fun making hair bows for your little ones!
I'll first start by letting you know that ANYONE can do this tutorial. It is super simple and I literally finished it in under 10 minutes. It's so cute and little too! You can always attach a clip on the back instead and change the sizing to make them bigger or smaller. Get creative!

STEP ONE: GATHER YOUR MATERIALS
    
      - 8x5 piece of fabric
      - 5x2 piece of fabric
      - scissors
      - cutting board
      - hot glue/hot glue gun
      - iron
      - clip or headband material


STEP TWO: CUT BOW PIECES

I use my cutting board to make sure my pieces are super straight, but it won't kill the bow if you just eye ball this.


STEP THREE: FOLD AND IRON PIECES

So take your large piece (the 8x5 one) and fold both hot dog sides in half way. Please disregard the dark brown towel I use for ironing. We have yet to buy an ironing board! Hahaha!



Iron it so it stays nice and folded


STEP FOUR: FOLD IN HALF OPPOSITE WAY

Now fold both hamburger sides in so that they meet each other in the middle. Each side that was folded should come out to be 2 inches long as pictured below.


STEP FIVE: FOLD ACCORDION STYLE

Fold that piece accordion style and hot glue JUST LITTLE DABS to secure it in place. Too much hot glue will make it too stiff. You'll start to see the bow now!


STEP SIX: FOLD SMALLER PIECE AND IRON

Take your smaller piece (the 5x2 one) and also fold this one with the hot dog sides. Same as the larger piece.


STEP SEVEN: HOT GLUE SMALL AND LARGE PIECES TOGETHER

Now hot glue your folded small piece onto the big piece like this


Again, just do little dabs of glue. Now if you are just wanting to do a clip and not a headband then you would just cut the small piece and glue on the clip to the back. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of that, but if you have questions just leave a comment down below.

STEP EIGHT: CUT HEADBAND MATERIAL AND GLUE

For a newborn you will need to cut the headband material at 14 inches. For other sizes click HERE. I do 14 for a newborn because you have to fold some and glue so that will make it shorter in the end.


Then glue the to ends together like this.


STEP NINE: GLUE IT ALL TOGETHER

Easiest part guys. Just glue it all together!


You may need to cut the small piece a little or fold it over like I did on one side. That way it will have a nice finish and not fall apart.


And there ya have it! A cute baby headband for your sweet little one. These are just so easy and you could make 10 a day if you really wanted to. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions then please feel free to leave a comment below!

1 comment: