Monday, July 24, 2017

How We Met: Part Uno

First off, y'all don't even KNOW how much I wanted to name this post "how I met your mother". Any other HIMYM fans out there?

Anyway, it's time for a love story! Grab the popcorn because this is literally (said with a Chris voice from Parks and Recreation) going to be just like a romantic comedy. Okay not really, but still. I hope you enjoy and I promise it won't be nearly as long as my last post!

This story starts pretty far back during my mission in Chile. When you hit about a year into the mission you really start to think about what you will do with life afterwards. I was dead set on going to BYU-I. When I say dead set I really mean it people. I was telling the members that, my family, my friends, everyone. I was excited! Now also during my mission I had quite a few intense dreams. One involved visiting family members that had already passed away telling me to keep working hard. I am talking about some crazy stuff! And I know without a doubt they were all needed in my life to progress, but when this next dream came I was sorely confused. I'll just share what I actually wrote in my journal when I woke up at 4am from this dream and share the picture of that journal entry.

"So last night I had a dream about a guy I have never met before. I was in my old singles ward back in Mesa and there was some kind of activity going on in the back on the basketball court. I saw Bishop and I think I had just gotten back from the mission. Then, I was walking and waving hi to everyone and saw someone hold onto my hand/arm. I didn't know who it was, turned my heard around, and saw this guy. He was tall and had light brown/blonde hair. He had these dark blue eyes. He was pretty attractive and I couldn't help but just stare at him. I asked him what his name was and he said Philip. He just stared at me and I stared at him."



WOAHHHHH! No lies. I had that dream November 4, 2015 and had never met Philip in my life. I had never even met a guy with the name Philip (besides every other Chileno named Felipe). I told my companion and this was all we talked about. We only had about a month before we both were ending our missions and were a little homesick. She kept telling me that I just HAD to go back to Mesa and find Philip. I felt like I needed to also and after much prayer, I decided to go back to Mesa. My mission president and his wife also told me I had to go back to Mesa and find Philip.

In the airport when I got home from Chile.

So when I got home in December 2015, to Mesa I went! I found a job at a daycare and immediately took it. There in Mesa, I reconnected with an old friend and soon enough we were dating. I was super excited to be dating this guy! One night while in my apartment, my one roommate had some friends come over and that is where I met Philip for the first time. I was a little annoyed with so many people in my apartment that I snuck off to eat something in the kitchen. Because introvert eating is so healthy, right? Philip walks into the kitchen and I didn't know his name at this point. He was just kind of annoying honestly. Hahaha! We started talking and found out that he also served a mission in Chile. The conversation just started GOING! We talked and talked and talked about Chile, the culture, the food, looked at our mission pictures, and everything else that has to do with the Chilenos. I was warming up to him, but I had a boyfriend. I got up to get some water and I asked, "Sorry but what was your name?" and he responded, "Oh! Ya, my name is Philip".

My hear sank. Oh no. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I said, "Oh awesome", and then turned around and my jaw just dropped open. No, no, no, NO! This ruins everything. Philip left an hour later after showing off his skills on our electric piano and on the guitar. I stared at him like he was a monster. No one noticed thankfully. After he left my roommate just about screams, "Well we all know who Philip was diggin' tonight! Robyn he was TOTALLY into you!" I denied it, but knew he was diggin' me. I mean, how could he not? Hahaha he wasn't too sneaky about it ;)

Well after that we didn't really talk and then my boyfriend at the time dumped me. I also got a new job and was pretty upset with life. That was a hard breakup for me. Me and Philip reconnected and he asked me on a date. I accepted right away and was excited! But...... then I got asked on another date by a totally different guy for the same exact day. What was I going to do? Mistake #1 --- I chose to go with the other guy (insert face palm emoji). Hahaha when I called Philip to cancel the date I was going to lie at first that I just couldn't make it, then I felt bad and said, "I am just not that interested". HOW RUDE. This poor guy. Hahaha. And little did I know that he went around to all his buddies saying he was done with me. Good for him!

Soon I started to steady date the guy I went on the date with. And well, we all know how that relationship ended! But that will just have to wait for part dos!

But please enjoy the pictures of us after I rejected my hubby for not just the first time, but the second time! Hahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment