Friday, May 25, 2018

1 Month

Marlee is one month old! Cue all the hormonal crying and sadness that she is growing so fast!

So naturally I thought it was only necessary to take a bajillion pictures of her.




























Our sweet girl is doing so good! Here's her measurements :)

Weight = 7 lbs 13 oz (11th percentile)
Height = 20 1/2 inches (29th percentile)
Head = 34.2 cm (7th percentile)

We have a very little girl on our hands, but man is she putting on some chub. At birth she was only in the 2nd percentile for weight and according to her pediatrician she is growing at a nice steady pace. 

A few things about Marlee

Marlee really hates having a dirty diaper. Which I mean I don't blame her! I wouldn't love sitting in my pee or poop either. She is really breezing through those diapers though. Thanks to everyone who gave us soooo many wipes and diapers because we really don't want to think about when we'll have to start buying them! 

Marlee loves cuddling. She is a such a big cuddle bug just like her parents. We have her sleep in her bassinet at night but when she wakes up in the morning (usually around 5 or 6) I feed her and then we cuddle and take a morning nap. It is seriously the best feeling in the world cuddling this cute girl. Even if she is the worlds loudest snorer. 

My favorite thing about Marlee is that she LOVES Spanish music. Mostly Echame La Culpa by Luis Fonsi and Demi Lovato. I would love for her to grow up knowing Spanish, but lets be honest. I don't have the drive or motivation to teach her Spanish. I know. Horrible mom over here. I make up for it though by singing I am a Child of God to her every night in Spanish! 


Life with a baby is definitely a huge adjustment. We honestly didn't realize how hard it would be with such little sleep and not having hardly anytime for yourself. I've found myself not eating all day just because I literally forget about it! The stress is real and life sure does a 180, but nothing can compare to how much love you didn't know you possessed. I love Marlee so much and didn't know I could love someone the way I love her. Of course I love my husband (you're still my number 1 Phil!), but the love you have for your child is so different and new. Maybe it's the way I constantly worry about her and check if she's breathing every 15 minutes. Hahaha! Anyway, we sure love her beyond words and believe that she is the cutest baby on earth. No offense to you other parents out there, but it's true :) Kidding! 

We're so excited to watch her grow up. I feel like she already has the funniest personality and is bound to be a big goofball just like us! 

Well, here's to more sleepless nights and morning cuddles!

1 comment:

  1. You’re such a great momma. Hopefully one day i can be almost as amazing as you are!:) (if that time comes) haha these pictures are adorable!!! -Katie Stevens

    ReplyDelete